Saturday, January 9, 2010

Yankee lineup

1. Jeter SS
2. Johnson DH
3. Texeira 1B
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Posada C
6. Cano 2B
7. Swisher RF/Granderson CF
8. Granderson CF/Swisher RF
9. Gardner/Hoffmann LF

Sabathia LHP
Burnett RHP
Pettitte LHP
Vazquez RHP
Chamberlain RHP

It looks like the Yankees are going to try a platoon in left field with Brett Gardner and Jamie Hoffmann, or at least they are going to head into spring training with that plan. I don't really mind it at all because I like the idea of giving these guys a chance to earn their spots. I think it will give them all a sense of edge and a need to play better. I'm not sure how the Yankees will want to set up their lineup because it depends on if they want to put two lefties in a row or not. Most teams try not to do that because opposing teams can run a lefty out to the mound and essentially counteract most left handed hitters. I personally like the idea of having Granderson bat at the bottom of the order because he sets up some speed for the top of the order. However, it sounds like the Yanks will have Gardner or Hoffmann bat in the nine hole which leaves Granderson either batting behind Cano in seventh or behind Swisher in eighth. I guess it won't really matter. Also, from everything I have read Javier Vazquez will be the number four pitcher rather than the number three like I had thought. I think this might change once spring training starts but the rotation does set up nicely rotating the first four pitchers lefty and righty. I just think that Pettitte won't be able to keep up his success forever even though he is one of my all time favorites. I'm very much looking forward to baseball season!

2 comments:

  1. You've covered the Ynakees. What's the run-down on the competition? Who made major moves? Who will give them a run? Are there any teams the Yanks will struggle with regularly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my new post for my response to your questions.

    ReplyDelete